Pakri old lighthouse will be renovated.
The first limestone lighthouse is known to have been erected on the Pakri peninsula in 1724. The location was allegedly picked by czar Peter the Great himself. In 1889, a new limestone lighthouse was built about 80m away from the old one, which was then regarded to have been built hazardously close to the edge of the limestone clint. The old building was thus partly demolished and used as a paraffin store. Although the lighthouse outbuildings were severely damaged in World War II, three staff houses, cellar, sauna and three storage buildings have preserved. Today, the lighthouse is listed as an architectural monument